Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's still early in 2008 but there have already been some really stellar releases. I mentioned the Los Campesinos! album in my last post and it has not disappointed in the least bit. However the best album of the year so far (in my humble opinion) has been Vampire Weekend by the band of the same name.

I hadn't really caught the buzz of them but when the album came out I decided to look into it and found out what all the hype (I missed) was about. It's a fantastic album. So far 2008 has been a great little year in music. I haven't checked out Jukebox the Ghost's full length but I'd like to. I really like more and more of the Helio Sequence album that I hear and you still have full lengths of great bands like Ra Ra Riot and Black Kids to look forward to. Not to mention there's a wealth of great looking shows coming up.

No comments: