Tuesday, May 20, 2008


I've gone to a few shows alone over the years and it's usually something I only do if I really have to. Anybody who knows me knows that I love to share things. I don't really like doing everything alone but end up doing it anyway. The last time I went to something alone was dancing on New Year's Eve and I did that because I couldn't sit at home feeling sorry for myself. I ended up going dancing and feeling sorry for myself. When I go out to a show or whatever alone I usually have some fun but I'm ultimately left feeling empty.

I had tickets to see the Los Campesinos! on Saturday and ended up with nobody to go with. After debating it back and forth I decided not to go. It was the second time I've missed a show I really wanted to go to, and had a ticket to, but missed in six months. I wasn't feeling up to it alone. I didn't want to go and dance around by myself. And it made me really sad and I realized just how lonely I can be sometime when I can't even give away a ticket to a show to somebody. What the hell happened to me?

This week I'm going to see Islands with my sister. Regretfully, I'll probably miss the Flaming Lips again.

The new Death Cab for Cutie album is out and I'm not really a huge fan of it yet. I haven't listened to it enough maybe or maybe the band is finally starting to settle into mediocrity. So far it hasn't gotten it's hooks into me and maybe time will tell. Death Cab is one of those bands that seemed to peak at their second album (We Have the Facts and are Voting Yes). It's not a bad album by any stretch. It just hasn't blown me away either.

No comments: